Friday, June 10, 2011

TAG TRAUME...

I was crouching on a rooftop when I saw her pass by below on the lonely street. There was sleet, the streetlights were flickering, and everyone else was indoors. She walked briskly, her coat pulled up to her ears as I watched her and smiled. She was late, but she was safe.

In the distance, I saw five men slowly walking towards her. They fanned out, walking in a line, blocking the entire width of the street. I observed carefully, and I saw hands subtly pull out chains and knives. All eyes were on her.

This did not look good. Noiselessly, I leapt off the rooftop on to the ledge, and scaled down the walls of the building to enter an alley that opened on to the street. I would wait here and watch, just in case there was any trouble.

The closed in, and slowly started surrounding her, she began to run, but one of them tripped her and she fell on the asphalt. They came menacingly close, and I silently started moving towards them, keeping in the shadows.

“Wait a minute baby doll, why don’t you get to know us?” said a beefy one, looking down at her.

“Oh well, I wouldn’t mind waiting up, but I have a really jealous boyfriend back home.” She replied. She was lying of course, I knew she had broken up with him some time back, but her confidence was all the same.

“Well then boys, why don’t we wrap her up in a nice ribbon before she gets home?” Beefy sneered, and the others laughed with him. Then he brought out the chain, swinging it menacingly in her face.

This was too much for me. I leapt out, started running, and jumped up high and caught one of them straight in the jaw with my left foot. Pandemonium broke out as the men realized they were being attacked, but were too confused to hit back. And my limbs took on a life of their own, as they went flailing, flashing, swinging, striking at the five beasts that surrounded her.

Men fell all around me, crying out in pain, when suddenly a sharp stinging sensation punctured my right shoulder. I looked and I saw that one of them had managed to take the knife and get at me. But that pause lasted for just a moment, and my legs came to life again, clobbering the man into submission.

At last I stopped; the five were sprawled all around me, barely conscious. She was looking at me in shock. I helped her up, and held her until her breathing calmed down.

“Thank you… tha-nks... I was-was s-s-so scared.”

“Shhh, calm down, its ok. You’re safe now.”

“Wait, I know you. Aren’t you from the office?”

“Part time.” I said as suavely as I could.

“You’re bleeding! Let me help you.” She fumbled around in her coat for a handkerchief.

“It’s not deep, it’ll heal.” She pressed the kerchief to my shoulder, and I let out a small groan, more for the drama than actual pain.

“You’re staring again.” She said, this time sternly.

Something resembling a “what-the-hell” thought crossed my mind as the empty sleeted street imploded with a ‘Poof!’ and I saw myself back to where I was, clumsily holding a file in my boss’s cabin, undoubtedly late in response.

“You’re staring mister. Get out of my office. Now!” she shouted. As I turned I heard a tiny whisper sounding like ‘Creep’. I sullenly walked back to my desk, and went over that file again.

Moral of the story: don’t day dream about your boss when you’re in front of her. And if you must, keep your mouth closed, and blink and nod at regular intervals.

5 comments:

  1. love the twist! especially the 'what the hell' part. keep writing. cheers :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think every guy has had fantasies like this one. Including yours truly, though never quite in the same place as the protagonist.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh dude! Oh dude! This was awesome! :D

    ReplyDelete