Sunday, August 26, 2012

A MOMENT OF TRUTH


You look deep into her eyes
She is saying something
But you aren’t listening
Looking, just looking
She stops talking
Lifts her eyebrows as if to ask
‘What is it?’
What is it indeed in those eyes
You say something unspoken
At least, you hope you said it
But she must have heard it
For she looks back
Into your eyes
Deeply, so deeply
You move closer to her
Without moving
Without realizing
She comes closer
Without coming closer
In that frozen moment
There is poetic motion
And your mind
Is perfectly blank
Knowing nothing
Feeling nothing
As she comes closer still
Until your lips touch hers
Without touching
You can feel her breath
Caress your mouth
You can feel her lips
Or at least, you think you can
And just a moment later
As you are about to move
One last time, closer
Close enough
You blink
And in that blink
You see someone
Someone else
Hear another voice
Call your name
You stop
And look away
Away from her
She moves backwards
Or at least, appears to
Without moving
The distances appear again
And broken words are spoken
Coarse humour is made
But inside
Inside you hurt
Knowing that a moment
Of purity, love and truth
Is lost
Forever

5 comments:

  1. With havin so much content do you ever run into any issues of plagorism or copyright infringement?
    My blog has a lot of completely unique content I've either created myself or outsourced but it looks like a lot of it is popping it up all over the internet without my authorization. Do you know any solutions to help stop content from being stolen? I'd really
    appreciate it.
    Also visit my site :: rid acne scars

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anonymous,
      I've never personally faced the problem of plagiarism, so I haven't really given it much thought. I'm really not sure what I'd do though. Regarding your site, the link appeared to be broken because I wasn't able to reach your notes. Do share it again or something? Thanks

      Delete